Estimated release date: January 2018.
Core emulation updates:
- 68030, 68040 and 68060 full instruction and data cache emulation, with or without MMU emulation.
- 68030, 68040 and 68060 EC model partial MMU (transparent translation registers only) emulation.
- 68030, 68040 and 68060 MMU emulation performance improved (added extra translation caches).
- STOP-instruction CPU model specific undocumented behavior emulated when parameter does not have S-bit set.
- 68020+ DIVS/DIVU CPU model specific undefined overflow condition N and Z flags emulated.
- Undocumented 68881/68882 FMOVECR values emulated.
- Optional Toshiba Gary slow (chip ram like) Z2 IO and/or ROM space access speed.
Emulated hardware expansion updates:
- Added Cubo CD32 later revision hardware support, PIC copy protection, touch screen, NVRAM and RTC emulation. (TODO: Coin and ticket dispenser support, no hardware information available)
- Cubo CD32 is now expansion device, added DIPs, PIC game ID/language and expansion device enable options.
- A2090 Combitec and MacroSystem 3rd party ROM update/adapter supported.
- DKB 1230/1240/Cobra and Rapidfire flash rom writes emulated.
New emulated hardware expansions:
- Ashcom Addhard (SCSI)
- Evesham Micros Reference (SCSI)
- FastATA 4000 MK I/II (IDE)
- Gigatron Arriba (IDE)
- Kupke Golem HD3000 (OMTI)
- Reiter Software Wedge (OMTI)
- Sprit Technology InMate (SCSI)
- Music Master dongle
Direct3D 11 support implemented:
- Requires Windows 7SP1 and later. Windows 7 requires KB2670838 (Available via Windows update as an optional update), Windows 8 and later does not need any extra packages. Ancient DX9 redistributable is not needed.
- Requires hardware level 9.1 or higher, which means most Windows 7 capable GPUs are supported.
- All Direct3D9 mode features supported (overlays, masks, custom shaders)
- Variable sync (G-Sync, possibly also FreeSync) supported in windowed mode.
- Many D3D9 custom shaders are supported automatically, some require manual modifications to work in D3D 11 mode.
Other new features and updates:
- Simple box art/screenshot config file support.
- If Wait for Blitter is enabled and blit size makes no sense, don’t wait. Fixes long delay in Vital / Mystic.
- Added “CIA 391078-01” advanced chipset checkbox. This CIA revision has a bug in IO port output mode, reading output mode port will always read output mode data state. Other models, including original DIP 8520, 391078-02 and Akiko internal CIAs read IO pin external voltage level as documented. This can affect “bad” mouse left button/joystick fire button reading code (not working or stuck button). Used in A600. A1200/A4000 can have -01 or -02 revision.
- Added ATAPI Tape drive emulation.
- CD SCSI emulator READ CD-DA and READ CD-DA MSF commands emulated.
- Expansion device GUI changes are now activated after hard reset.
- uaehf.device hardfiles/harddrives unit number is now user configurable.
- “Include CD and FMV Audio” and/or sound mode change on the fly when CD or FMV audio is playing is now supported.
- Debugger assembler support (a) and some other misc debugger updates.
- It was not possible to override Z2 RAM board autoconfig data if board had built-in manufacturer/product ID defaults
- It was not possible to change existing path with Select Directory/Select Archive or Plain File buttons.
- Fixed 64-bit version random crashes that usually happened with some shell extensions.
- Z3 RAM in manual mode was completely broken.
- KS 1.2 autoboot hack didn’t work without extra reset if UAE autoconfig board wasn’t first board in autoconfig chain.
- 68030 data cache emulation corrupted data if write was cached, write size was word or long and address was odd.
- ECS Denise BPLCON2 ECS-only bits (for example KILLEHB) were masked unless AGA was also selected.
- Obsolete IDE FORMAT TRACK command fixed.
- GamePorts panel custom mapping incorrectly parsed joystick autofire state from config file.
- Directory filesystem ACTION_SET_DATE failed to change datestamp if file was read-only.
- 68020 memory cycle exact CPU speed slider is again partially working, CPU speed can be reduced but not increased.
- GamePorts panel custom mapping incorrectly parsed joystick autofire state from config file.
- uae-configuration joystick port (joyportx) modification only queued but didn’t apply changes.
- uaeserial.device crash fixed.
- Fixed uaegfx VRAM size check, some modes that almost filled whole VRAM didn’t appear in resolution list.
- uaenet.device didn’t close low level ethernet handles when Amiga was reset, causing duplicate packets.
- Bitplane overrun condition triggered incorrectly in rare situation where bitplane DMA is enabled after DDFSTOP on OCS
AVI recording bug fixes and updates:
- First avioutput recorded frame was sometimes partially corrupted.
- When saving state with avioutput active: last frame before state save was not recorded.
- Number of avioutput frames buffered (waiting for compression thread processing) counter was reset periodically which caused lost frames (and leaked memory) in recorded video if CPU was not fast enough.
- Delay initialization until first display frame or sound buffer recording request comes, previously “before filtering” option may have used wrong display size in some situations.
- Uncompressed video selection is not forgotten anymore.
- First frame was not rendered (and also not recorded) if statefile was restored when emulation was already running.
- If emulator state was changed (debugger breakpoint, statefile save etc..), last frame before state change was not recorded.
- File splitting (2G limit) flushed sound buffers causing random sound glitches.
- Added -max_avi_size <bytes> -command line parameter to set split size.
- If recording was started and GUI was never opened in same session, sound recording rate become 44100Hz, causing syncronization issues if real rate was not same.
WinUAE 3.5.0 (15.06.2017) released.
New emulated hardware
- Comspec SA-1000
- California Access Malibu
- DKB RapidFire
- M-Tec AT-500 Megabody
- Softfloat FPU emulation mode. Bit perfect FPU emulation (except transcendental functions), including full arithmetic exception support. (Co-operation with Previous emulator author)
- Lightpen emulation absolute coordinate HID (USB light guns) and touch screen device support.
- American Laser Games second player and Actionware dual light gun adapter emulation.
- Real harddrive mount lock option. Enables full exclusive access even if drive has Windows mounted FAT partition(s).
- winlaunch.lib is now built-in feature and is also 64-bit compatible.
- Show [Paused] in windowed mode title bar when in pause mode.
- If statefile is loaded with one or more floppy images that can’t be opened: keep fake disk in drive (like previously) and ask for new disk path when missing disk is accessed for the first time.
Custom chipset features emulated
- AGA FMODE>0 unaligned bitplane and sprite pointer behavior implemented, resulting display corruption is now 100% accurate.
- BPLCON4 XOR mask special case in HAM6/8 or EHB modes.
- Loading blitter B-DAT manually when B-shift was nonzero.
- Lightpen hardware is now cycle-exactly emulated.
- Sprite special case when DMA mode sprite’s start X-coordinate is less than sprite’s DMA slot position.
- Audio interrupts are delayed by 2 cycles.
- 68020+ T0 trace mode is now fully emulated.
- 68020 cycle exact mode adjustments.
- Memory cycle exact mode mode accuracy improved
- Implemented previously unimplemented bsdsocket.library emulation sendmsg() and recvmsg().
- Recursive mode ROM scanner now skips directories starting with dot.
- MMU emulation can be now switched on/off on the fly.
- Release all currently pressed keys when emulation pauses.
- Added memory cycle-exact Quickstart step for A1200 and CD32 configurations. Less CPU heavy than full cycle-exact and usually not much more worse (or better). At least not until 68020 CE gets better.
- Escape old style directory and hardfile paths if it contains “,”.
- Masoboshi MasterCard fully implemented, including DMA support.
- FM801 16-bit audio corruption.
- A2090 ST-506 emulation.
- Possible crash when display was very wide with bitplane DMA overrun condition.
- Fixed crash when sound card audio play started and channel mode was mono and “Include CD and FMV audio” was ticked.
- Fixed crash when accessing accelerator board SCSI IO region without any added SCSI device(s).
- Fixed crash if Blizzard accelerator on board memory size was set to zero.
- JIT was not 512k or 1M Chip RAM compatible.
- Manual RAM configuration GUI didn’t accept smaller end address than current board size.
- Manually configured but disabled (size zero) Z2/Z3 banks were added to system.
- Apollo 1240/1260 memory address space fixed
- PC bridgeboard NE2000 boot crash fix.
- Windowed mode mouse does not anymore hit hidden barriers if window is partially outside of desktop or uncaptured if window is on top of task bar.
- If Custom autoconfig board order was enabled, expansion devices custom config setting(s) was not saved correctly.
- 68000 address error stacked PC was not correct in some read-modify-write instructions
- Untrap middle mouse button option was stuck.
- GUI listview column width calculation used default font size, not selected font.
- 68030 CE/prefetch mode cache access bug fixed.
- G-REX and Cirrus Logic graphics board state was reset if RAM or HW Info GUI panels were opened after emulation was started.
WinUAE 3.4.0 released (21.12.2016)
New emulated hardware:
- OpalVision (OpalPaint, King of Karate)
- Blizzard 1230 MK II and III.
- IVS Vector 68030.
- Blizzard 1230 MK II and III SCSI Kit.
- Expansion Systems Dataflyer Plus.
- FileCard 2000/OSSI 500
- Mainhattan A-Team.
- Microbotics HardFrame.
- SCRAM 500/2000.
- Ariadne II.
- LAN Rover/EB920.
- NE2000 compatible PCMCIA.
- NE2000 compatible ISA (x86 bridgeboard compatible).
- X-Surf and X-Surf 100 (Partial).
American Laser Games arcade game hardware:
- LaserDisc player (video file)
- Genlock (using video file genlock mode)
- Light gun and buttons.
- RAM/RTG RAM handling updated, all size combinations are now supported.
- Autoconfig board GUI list with custom sorting support.
- RAM Z2/Z3 board full autoconfig data customization support.
- Up to 4 Z2 and Z3 RAM boards can be enabled simultaneously.
- Multiple display and sound boards can be now enabled simultaneously.
- Genlock realtime custom image, video file or capture stream overlay.
- Genlock mode screenshot/video alpha channel support.
- Accelerator board 68000 fallback mode supported.
- Game Ports panel custom mapping autofire support.
- Network access on screen led.
- Single step (emulate one frame + pause) input event.
- MIDI and Genlock video volume control.
- Reduced input latency.
- Reduced WASAPI sound mode latency.
- WinPCap network mode now uses generated local MAC address, no more MAC conflicts between Windows and emulated Amiga.
- If some RAM board is not JIT Direct capable, only board’s access mode changes to JIT Indirect. Global JIT Direct option is not switched off.
- Most RAM size/position related JIT Direct restrictions are gone.
- Environment variables in file paths (%VAR%) are now always expanded.
- Implemented AGA only bitplane DMA overrun emulation (Moon Child).
- Host path 260 character limit removed (Windows 10 v1607+ only).
- Shortcuts with Shift key work again.
- Custom Game Port remapping does not disappear mysteriously anymore.
- Mounting file with size less than 512 bytes as a harddrive work again.
- CDTV statefiles fixed.
- On the fly directory/archive mounting only worked once under OS4.x.
- Worms DC and ACSYS (possibly others) graphics glitch fixed.
- Bad sprite collision optimization fixed (Jumpman Junior).
- Stop PPC emulation first, before freeing any emulation resources to prevent random crashes at exit.
- FPS.Adj config file handling fixed.
- ATAPI CD emulation odd data size fix (HDToolbox hang)
- default.uae with unplugged device: set to none, not layout A.