- A1000 original chipset
- ECS (Agnus and/or Denise)
PAL and NTSC chipset support.
All chipsets types have optional cycle-exact emulation mode.
- 68040 (including EC/LC)
- 68060 (including EC/LC)
68000 and 68010 has optional more compatible prefetch and cycle-exact modes. Cycle-accurate 68010 support was added in v4.4.0.
68020 and higher CPU: optional JIT (Very fast x86 just in time translation) emulation mode available.
68030, 040 and 060 have optional MMU emulation support. MMU emulation is not JIT compatible.
68060 has optional exception emulation for unimplemented integer instructions.
All CPUs also have user adjustable and fastest possible speed options and optional FPU support.
FPU speed is not restricted, it is always fastest possible.
Optional accurate softfloat mode (v3.4.1) that also emulates all arithmetic exceptions.
68040 and 68060 has optional emulation for unimplemented FPU instruction/datatype exceptions.
- Chip memory max 2M (real chipset limit), 8M (UAE only, 24-bit CPU), max 512M (UAE only, 32-bit CPU)
- Fast memory. 24-bit CPU max 8M, 32-bit CPU max 2G/3.5G (*)
- Model specific memory regions supported (“Slow RAM”, A3000/A4000 mainboard RAM etc)
*) 64-bit Windows required, 3.5G only possible with 64-bit WinUAE. 32-bit max is about 512M.
- 0 to 4 floppy drives supported.
- Multiple floppy speed options, compatible, 2x/4x/8x or turbo mode (floppy rotation not emulated, as fast as possible).
- DD and HD drives supported.
- PC Bridgeboard floppy drives (SD/DD 5.25″ and DD/HD 3.5″)
Parallel port printer
- Passthrough. Data from Amiga is sent directly to printer. Only works if Amiga native printer driver is available for selected printer.
- PostScript passthrough. Amiga PostScript printer driver and PostScript printer required.
- PostScript emulation. Amiga PostScript printer driver, Windows GhostScript installation. Any Windows compatible printer.
- Epson matrix printer emulation. Emulates 1980/90s de-facto Epson control codes (fonts, positioning, colors, graphics etc..) supported by nearly all programs that had printer support. Any Windows compatible printer.
- Amiga native serial port to host serial port option. Only supports standard 7/8-bit serial protocols, 9-bit serial protocol is not supported by PC hardware.
- Supports all host serial-port like serial ports, bluetooth adapters etc.
- Connect two running WinUAE instances with emulated null modem cable.
- Serial port to TCP socket support.
- Telnet-like serial port to WinUAE log window support.
- Amiga native serial port to host MIDI device option. Automatically used when serial port is programmed to 31200 bps speed.
- Optional MIDI in to MIDI out routing.
UAEGFX Picasso96 compatible RTG (Retargetable graphics) board
- Configurable 24-bit CPU ZorroII (max 8M) or 32-bit CPU ZorroIII (max 512M) VRAM.
- Full color depth support, including modes that host OS/hardware don’t support (for example 8-bit, 24-bit and big-endian RGB modes)
- All native hardware resolutions available.
- Also supports Amiga common modes that host OS/hardware may not support, for example 320×256.
Miscellaneous emulator expansions
- Host harddrive directory mounted as Amiga harddrive.
- uaehf.device. Hard disk image support and direct block device support (Physical HD, CF card etc..)
- bsdsocket.library. Amiga TCP/IP stack that uses host’s TCP/IP stack.
- uaenet.device SANA-II device driver. SLIRP or WinPCap backends supported.
- uaeserial.device. Multiport serial device, Amiga side unit x = host serial port COMx:.
- uaescsi.device. Access host PC optical drives. SCSI emulation and CD audio supported.
All above harddrive options support Amiga automount and autoboot, even under Kickstart 1.2 and older.
- Most popular CD images are directly supported: iso, cue/bin, cue/iso/wav, cue/iso/mp3, cue/iso/flac, mds, chd, nrg. (All sector sizes supported, automatic conversion)
- Compressed images supported, transparent on the fly decompression, no temporary files used.
- Physical CD/DVD/BD drives supported, including CD emulators that emulate CD/DVD/BD drives.
- Physical drive audio tracks supported, uses real time digital audio extraction, does not require analog audio cables.
- SCSI command emulation, including audio track support using digital audio extraction.
- Hardware ATAPI and SCSI emulation, CD image or drive connected to any hardware emulated IDE or SCSI controller.
CDTV/CD32 special CD features
- Hardware subchannel (CD+G/CD+MIDI audio CD) emulation.
- Autodetects CDTV/CD32 media in any physical or virtual drive.
- CD32 FMV module (VCD player).
- Transparent decompression of popular compression formats, supported by all file types, including disk and CD images (zip, 7zip, lzx, lha, lzx, rar)
- Floppy disk image formats supported: adf, adz, dms, ipf, fdi, scp, dsq, st, img.
Amiga models emulated
Very high compatibility and accuracy:
A500 emulation in cycle-exact mode has practically 100% compatibility.
Good compatibility (Cycle-exact chipset emulation, CPU memory accesses are cycle-exact, CPU internal instruction execution speed is not exact):
Fast CPU emulation only, chipset/chip ram CPU accesses optionally cycle-exact:
Customized Amiga based hardware emulated
- Arcadia (A500)
- American Laser Games, including light gun(s) and laserdisc player (A500)
- Cubo (CD32)